Job Purpose: Coats products such as doors, fuel tanks, containers and skids etc. with paint.
- High school diploma with 1 – 3 month related experience and / or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read prints.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10s and 100s.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but simple written or oral instructions.
- Will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- The work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is also exposed to extreme heat when spraying paint in the summer because of the protective suit that must be worn during the painting process.
- The foregoing work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Must be able to use and work in protective equipment, including but not limited to: fully enclosed helmet; protective suit; respiratory protection; gloves; boots
- May be asked to act as leader of small team.
- Cleans grease and dirt from product using the method and materials specified for the material being cleaned being sure parts are free of rust.
- Cleans blast media from the product prior to painting.
- Measures and adjusts chemical additives when mixing required paint.
- Masks areas of product not to be coated.
- Adjusts spray equipment appropriately to achieve the desired coverage prior to starting to paint.
- Cleans paint spray equipment.
- Inspects work upon completion to make sure it meets the quality acceptance criteria of both the organization and the customer.
- Measures and records coating thickness, documenting and providing information on each job to Quality as the job is completed.
- Records daily paint usage and provides information to SHE Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.