Sets up and operates machines according to both job and machine requirements.
• This job has no supervisory requirements.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 1- 3 months related experience and/ or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information customers, clients and other employees of the organization in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Reliable and predictable attendance required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds nd frequently lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.
• The foregoing work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Interprets print dimensions and bills of material for machine set-up information.
• Sets NC control settings and/ or mechanical settings for appropriate part dimensions and/ or cutting conditions.
• Selects and loads punches and dies in machine if appropriate.
• Loads metal into machine by hand or by hoist.
• Cycle machine and verify dimensions of work piece produced.
• Unload parts from machine.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Girtz Industries c/o Colleen Westfall 5262 N. East Shafer Drive Monticello, IN 47960
- Will Train Applicant(s): YES
- HR Contact: Colleen Westfall
- Reports to: Production Group Leader
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Production
Job Type: 2nd Shift, Full time - on site, Hourly
Regions: Monticello, Indiana